Lemon-Chili Grilled Shrimp Salad
Have I ever told you the story about how I never cook anything difficult, because I'm lazy? Well, the story continues…
This meal is fast & simple. My Lemon-Chili dressing is vegan and completely free from sugar, gluten, dairy and bad vibes. Oh and it's awesome.
The velvety texture of the butter lettuce and avocado is so nice with smoky grilled shrimp and tomatoes topped off with a rustic, lemony dressing. I hope that you'll agree!
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Lemon-Chili Dressing
Shrimp & Tomatoes-
- 20 large shrimp or 1 & 1/2 lbs, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- chili powder
- black pepper
- 1 T fresh cilantro, minced
- 8-10 Skewers (soaked in water)
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1 C fresh arugula (not pictured)
- 1 avocado, chopped or sliced
- 1 T cilantro, minced
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1T dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 T fresh scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few cracks-a-peppa
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
1. While your grill is heating up, make the dressing. In a bowl stir in all of the ingredients except for the oil. Slowly stream in oil and stir until completely emulsified. Set aside.
2. Skewer your clean shrimp and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season both sides generously. When your coals are nice and white, gently cook the shrimp and tomatoes. You're shrimp will only need about 2 minutes per side. The tomatoes are ready when the've softened and are nicely charred.
3. Assemble your greens. Add avocado, tomatoes and shrimp. Top with dressing, cilantro. Serve hot or cold.