Kale & Citrus, Baby!
I had been thinking about making another kale salad. This recipe is the result of thinking!
If you like Asian flavors like sesame, ginger and soy, you just might like this! It's raw and vegan, so there.
Serves one (you).
- 1 super packed cup of kale (or cabbage), chopped small
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh orange chunks!!
- 1 T scallions, sliced
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, diced small
- garnish with black sesame seeds
- 1 thin sliver of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1/2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 T agave nectar or honey
- 1 T fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp tahini (optional)
In a mini food processor, run the ginger through. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and run until it’s well incorporated.
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss in the dressing. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top.