There's an Amazing Sandwich in Your Future
This is my Mama's "California Avocado Sandwich". It's fast, fresh, simple, delicious. What more could you ask for? Um, one million dollars?
I've been eating this thing since the 6th grade and it tastes like home.
What you'll need for one sandwich-
- Two slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- Dijon mustard
- Mayo (or vegan substitute)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- a couple slices of tomato
- a bunch of fresh, whole basil leaves
- A good drizzle of balsamic reduction (balsamic vinegar works too)
Eat it while the bread is still warm from being toasted.
You can find a ready-made Balsamic Glaze (reduction) in the vinegar section of your market. It's inexpensive and readily available. You can also make your own by heating the vinegar over the stove until it reduces, duh.